- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Spice rub for 2 salmon fillets
Black pepper, coriander, fennel, cumin, anise, cayenne, garlic and onion are combined with olive oil to make this flavorful and aromatic spice rub for salmon.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander
- 1 tablespoon whole fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1 whole star anise pod
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place all of the spices into a food processor or a blender, and process until the mixture becomes a powder. With the processor’s motor running, slowly add the olive oil and continue to blend until combined.
- Rub the spice mixture onto salmon fillets pre-seasoned with salt and pepper, and then set the fish aside to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature prior to cooking as desired.