- Prep: 12 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 12 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4-6
Salmon Mousse is an elegant brunch or lunch dish. Serve with sliced cucumbers sprinkled with dill and a drizzle of lemon juice and olive oil.
- 2 envelopes Knox Gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon prepared white horseradish, drained
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1 can tomato soup, undiluted
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large can salmon, drained
- Mix gelatin and water together; set aside.
- In a large bowl, put celery, onion, salt, pepper, lemon juice, horseradish and mayonaise.
- In food processor blend tomato soup and cream cheese. Heat this mixture and add gelatin.
- Blend salmon in food processor. Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour in a greased 6 1/2 cup casserole or greased fish mold. Refrigerate overnight. Unmold onto a decorative platter.