- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 53 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These salmon burgers are not only delicious but also an extremely heart-healthy dish. Feel free to substitute the fresh salmon for canned salmon instead.
- 1 pound fresh salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 hamburger rolls
- Lettuce to garnish
- Place the salmon into a food processor, pulse 8 times to chop, and then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the panko, green onions, cilantro, ginger, garlic, eggs, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the bowl and stir the mixture to combine.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- In the meantime, place the mayonnaise and the 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into a small bowl and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. One the oil begins to shimmer, add the salmon patties and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Slather some of the lemon and mayonnaise mixture onto each roll and then add a salmon burger. Top with a piece of lettuce and serve immediately.