- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 2
Salmon Avocado Open Faced Sandwiches are perfect for an intimate picnic for two.
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons minced dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1, 7 3/4 ounce can salmon, drained and flaked
- 6 pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1/2, 16 ounce jar sliced pickled beets, drained
- 2 medium lettuce leaves
- In small bowl, mix mayonaise with next 4 ingredients.
- For each serving, on dinner plate, place one slice bread; lightly spread bread with some mayonaise mixture. On mayonaise mixture, arrange half of salmon and top with half of olives. On plate with sandwich, arrange half of avocado slices and beets. Spoon half of remaining mayonaise mixture into a lettuce leaf; place on plate with sandwich.