- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 8 servings
‘Salata de Varza’ is the Romanian name for what’s commonly known as coleslaw in the US. Try this version made with an olive oil and mayonnaise blend.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 large white cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh dill sprigs, for garnish
- Place the grated carrots and shredded cabbage into a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, olive oil and vinegar and then add to the carrot mixture. Toss to coat and then season to taste with salt and fresh pepper.
- Cover the mixture and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving so that flavors can blend.