- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 31 min
- Serving: 2 servings
Substitute the tuna in this modernized Salad Nicoise recipe for delicious smoked salmon.
- 8 ounces small red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 small cucumber, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 12 small cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Steam the potatoes according to the time stated in your steamer’s manual or in a steam basket for about 12 minutes, and then remove and place in a large bowl.
- Steam the green beans according to the time stated in your steamer’s manual or in a steam basket for about 4 minutes, and place in the bowl with the potatoes.
- In the meantime, place the mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, dill and pepper in a small bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and bean mixture, and toss gently to coat. Add the salad greens, cucumber and tomatoes and carefully toss once more to combine.
- Evenly divide the mixture between 2 plates and add the smoked salmon.