- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4
This bass is great served over a bed of your favorite rice.
- 3/4 cup sake
- 3/4 cup bottled clam juice
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- 1 garlic clove, flattened
- 4 5-ounce sea bass fillets
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine sake and first 3 ingredients in large skillet deep enough to hold steamer rack.
- Bring liquid to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Arrange fish on rack; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place rack in skillet.
- Top fish with onions; drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Cover skillet; steam fish until opaque in center, about 5 minutes.
- Remove steamer rack.
- Mix cilantro into juices in skillet.
- Place the fish on a serving platter and top with juices from skillet.