- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 1 person
For a fun sandwich that will make getting your kids to eat their lunch a breeze, cruise along with this fun sailboat sandwich.
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 tablespoon hummus or 1 tablespoon spreadable light cheese
- 4 slices cucumber or apple, very thinly sliced
- 2 thin slices turkey or honey ham
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of hummus or light cheese on each slice of bread.
- Add the turkey or ham on one slice of bread and the cucumber or apple slices then put one slice of bread on top of the other and gently press down to "seal" the sandwich.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the sandwich in half.
- Make a half circle with one half of the sandwich. This will be the base of the boat.
- Cut the other half of the sandwich diagonally. The triangles will serve as the sandwich's sails.
- When you pack the sandwich, include a sailboat drawing with the sandwich to show your child how to create his own picture with the sandwich!