- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 hr
- Total: 5 hr 10 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
Give dinner a little kick this evening with this set it and forget it slow cooked chicken and rice dinner.
- 1 fryer-broiler chicken, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Canola oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, quartered
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos, drained
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
- 1 (5 ounce) package saffron yellow rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Season the chicken with the garlic, salt and pepper. Brown in a small amount of the oil in a skillet. Arrange the chicken in a greased slow cooker. Pour the chicken broth over.
- Mix together the onion, bell peppers, pimentos and bacon bits and pour over the chicken. Cook covered for 4-5 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken from the cooker and stir the rice mix and butter in. Place the chicken back on top and cook for 1 more hour.