- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
You cannot get any simpler, or more flavorful, than this fresh and invigorating rye whiskey smash cocktail.
- 4 lemon wedges
- 6 mint leaves
- 3/4 ounces simple syrup
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- lemon wedge and mint sprig to garnish
- Pre-chill a cocktail glass by placing it into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Place the lemon wedges, mint leaves and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker and muddle gently until the mint leaves are bruised.
- Fill the shaker with ice and then add the rye whiskey.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into the chilled cocktail glass filled with cracked ice.
- Garnish the drink with the lemon wedge and the mint sprig and then serve immediately.