- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This cocktail was the ‘house’ recipe for the Holland House in New York. It is made with orange eau de vie, which is a rum-based orange liqueur flavored with Creole spices and bitter orange peels
- 1-1/2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1/2 ounce orange eau de vie
- 2 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- Lemon twist to garnish
- Place the pineapple chunks in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle to release their juices.
- Put all of the ingredients, except for the lemon twist, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the lemon twist and then serve immediately.