- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Past meets present in this rye and cognac version of the classic Sazerac cocktail, with the Cognac representing the original main ingredient once used in the blend and the Rye being the modern variant.
- 1 shots Cognac
- 1 shot rye whiskey
- 1 bar-spoon sugar syrup
- 3 dashes Peychaud’s Aromatic bitters
- Dash of absinthe
- Lemon peel
- Pre-chill a cocktail glass by placing it into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chilled glass; add a dash of absinthe and tilt the glass so that the inside becomes coated with the spirit.
- Pour all of the ingredients, except for the lemon peel, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Slowly stir the mixture for 30 seconds and then strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Gently twist the lemon peel over the drink to release its natural oils and then drop the peel into the glass; serve immediately.