- Prep: 1 hr 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 10
Rum Balls are a classic confection to be enjoyed year round but without the hangover!
- 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup light rum
- Confectioner's sugar for rolling
- Line an airtight container with waxed paper and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine wafers, sugar and walnuts. Add butter and rum. Stir until well blended. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Re-roll balls in powdered sugar and place in the prepared container. Store in refrigerator. Flavor improves after a few weeks storage.