- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Marinade for 24 large shrimp
This rum and honey-based marinade is ideal for shrimp and chicken as it adds a fresh and zesty bite of flavor. Marinate the protein of your choice for at least 1 hour prior to cooking.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (white and pale green part only)
- 1 teaspoon minced or pressed garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese plum sauce
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk well until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Add the shrimp or chicken to the marinade, turning to coat, and then cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.