- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 12 Servings
The dark rum used in this decadent caramel sauce adds depth and richness. Drizzle it over scoops of creamy ice cream as a luxurious topping.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the butter, brown sugar and salt into a saucepan over medium heat, and whisk continuously until the mixture is completely blended.
- Take the pan off the heat, pour in the rum, and then whisk vigorously to combine. Serve warm.