- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 50 min
- Serving: 10
- 1 lb. ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1 jar (32 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 container (16 ounces) Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese
- 1 container (8 ounces) Shamrock Farms Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup water
- Cook beef or sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain excess fat.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in the tomato sauce and heat through. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese, Shamrock Farms Sour Cream and Italian seasoning.
- Spoon half of the meat sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Place half of the uncooked noodles over the sauce, then half of the cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup of shredded cheese and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining 2 cups shredded cheese.
- Put the dish in a larger pan and pour water around the outside. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 1 hour.
- Uncover. Continue baking for an additional 20 minutes, or until bubbly and browned. Remove from oven and let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving.