- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes almost 2 cups of sauce
Enjoy this fresh rosemary and thyme caramel sauce drizzled over your favorite dessert. Store any leftover sauce in an airtight jar in the refrigerator, and then reheat before serving.v
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, about 5 inches long
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, about 5 inches long
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Place the whipping cream, rosemary and thyme into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the pan from the heat and let sit for 30 minutes to infuse flavors.
- Strain the mixture, discarding the herbs, and place into a clean saucepan along with the butter, honey and sugars. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continuously, and then cook for 3 minutes. Serve warm.