- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Serves 12 people
Rosemary-Olive Oil Bread is delicious bread that can be served for breakfast, brunch, or a not-too-sweet dessert.
- 2-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Grated zest of one lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup of sweet white wine or apple juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat one loaf pan with vegetable spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir the flour, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, rosemary, salt and lemon zest. In another bowl, blend the eggs, wine and olive oil. Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Transfer the batter into the pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for about 55 minutes, or until a skewer stuck in the center of the bread comes out clean.