- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4
Rosemary and Honey Stuffed Pork Chops are filled with apples and onions.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted and sliced
- 2 teaspoons rosemary leaves, finely crushed, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless center-cut pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add apples; cook and stir 5 minutes longer or until slightly softened. Spoon mixture in a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the honey, almonds, 1 teaspoon of the rosemary, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and garlic powder; mix well.
- Cut a horizontal slit in center of each pork chop to form a pocket. Spoon 1/4 cup of the apple mixture into each pocket. Secure with toothpicks.
- Mix remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Coat pork chops evenly on both sides with rosemary mixture.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet on medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Mix broth and remaining 2 tablespoons honey until well blended. Stir into skillet.
- Cook 5 minutes longer or until pork is desired doneness. Remove pork chops from skillet; keep warm. Cook mixture in skillet 3 minutes longer or until reduced by half. Remove toothpicks from pork chops. Serve pork with sauce mixture.