- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 24 egg halves
Tangy Roquefort cheese and peppery watercress give these traditional deviled eggs a modern and sophisticated new twist of flavor.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh watercress, plus 24 sprigs for garnish
- 1-1/2 tablespoons crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 2-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut the eggs in half and carefully remove the yolks, placing 6 into a medium bowl and reserving the other 6 yolk halves for another use.
- Add the breadcrumbs, sour cream, chopped watercress, Roquefort, lemon juice and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and mix with a fork to combine until creamy and well blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared egg whites and place on a platter. Garnish each egg halve with a sprig of watercress and serve.