- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The combination of carrots, beets and celery root make a fresh, sharp and sweet salad with enjoyable crunchy texture.
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 medium carrots (about 8 ounces), peeled
- 2 medium beets (about 8 ounces), peeled
- 1 small celery root (about 10 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the orange zest, orange juice, toasted cumin seeds, vinegar, olive oil and the sugar into a bowl and whisk vigorously to blend, making sure the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Use a food processor or a mandoline to shred the carrots, beets and celery root, and then place into a bowl.
- Pour the orange dressing over the carrot mixture and then toss well to coat. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste, toss once more to combine and then cover and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to allow the flavors to blend prior to serving.