- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
An old-time classic, this cocktail is named after Robert Roy MacGregor, the Scottish Robin Hood of the 18th century.
- 3 ounces Scotch
- 1-ounce sweet Vermouth
- Angostura bitters to taste
- Cherry for garnish
- Put a martini glass into the freezer for 5 minutes to chill.
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the cherry, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then double strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the cherry and then serve immediately.