- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 8 People
At the end of the summer, we have oodles of tomatoes and peppers from the garden. I developed this recipe for roasted tomato salsa using some of our bounty.
- 7 medium Roma tomatos, roasted then diced
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tomatillos, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1 Anaheim chili, minced
- 1 teaspoon each cumin and sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Roast tomatoes on the stove (or the BBQ) in a hot cast iron skillet. Watch them carefully and turn them often. I leave the skin on for that great roasted taste.
- In a large bowl, mix all the vegetables and then season with cumin, sugar, salt, and pepper. Before serving, stir in the lime juice. Serve with blue corn chips or flour tortilla chips.