- Prep: 1 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: Makes 2-1/2 cups
This salsa is anything but boring; rev up your tortilla chips or favorite Mexican wrap with this salsa recipe with a kick.
- 10 Roma tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Anaheim chile pepper
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Put the tomatoes, garlic, chiles and onion onto a baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes, turning once, until vegetables are roasted.
- Transfer the vegetables to a medium bowl and set aside for 10 minutes tightly covered.
- Uncover the bowl and remove the skin from the tomatoes and the chiles, and then chop all of the vegetables into small pieces.
- Add the lime juice, olive oil, salt and sugar to the bowl, mix to combine and then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.