- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Pair this creamy and slightly spicy dip with a basket of roasted vegetable chips or grilled Arabic pita wedges.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 6 medium tomatillos, husks removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the tomatillos in half and then place into a bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and gently toss to coat.
- Transfer the tomatillos to a baking pan and spread into a single layer. Place the tomatillos into the oven, roast for 20 minutes, and then remove and set aside to cool.
- Put the avocados, lime juice and zest, garlic, salt, pepper, honey, jalapeno, cilantro, onion and cooled tomatillos into a food processor and pulse for 2 minutes. Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve immediately.