- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This hearty winter dish makes a great vegetarian main meal or a colorful, sweet and savory side dish addition to your holiday table. Serve with a Pinot Noir or a Bordeaux.
- 2 cups peeled and diced beets (about 4 beets)
- 2 cups peeled and diced parsnips (about 4 -5)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the beets and the parsnips into a large bowl, drizzle with the olive oil and then sprinkle with the sea salt. Toss the vegetables to coat and then transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Spread the vegetables into an even layer and then place in the oven for 35 minute to roast.
- Remove the mixture from the oven and place into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the feta, pumpkin seeds and the parsley, and then serve immediately.