- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Instead of mashed potatoes, try this wonderful mix or roasted potatoes and turnips; the perfect dish to accompany your holiday meal.
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 8 cups turnips, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 cups russet or baking potatoes, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until crisp. Cut into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- Empty the bacon and bacon fat from the sauté pan into a large bowl. Add the turnips, potatoes, cream, rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic and toss all the ingredients to coat.
- Empty the turnip and potato mixture into a shallow baking dish and dot with the butter. Tightly cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil from baking dish and bake, uncovered, for an additional 25 minutes or until the tops of the vegetables become brown. Serve immediately.