- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 9 min
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
A sweet and smoky-flavored spread that can be used as a dip or topped on your favorite burger or sandwich. Add a few drops of Tabasco for some extra heat.
- 1 jar roasted red sweet peppers
- 1 dozen whole almonds
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place the almonds in a skillet over medium-high heat and toast for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until fragrant.
- Transfer the almonds to a food processor and then add the red pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Process the mixture until smooth and creamy and then transfer to a container with a tightly-fitted lid. Spread keeps for 1 week in the refrigerator.