- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Makes 2 cups
Roasted peppers and almonds, fresh coriander and sautéed garlic and paprika are combined to create this delicious pesto sauce full of intense flavor and wonderful aroma.
- 6 red peppers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika (plain)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup almonds, roasted
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees.
- Put the peppers onto a baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes until their skins are blistered and blackened. Remove the peppers and place into a plastic bag for about 20 minutes, and then remove their skins and seeds once cool enough to handle.
- In the meantime, place the garlic, plain and smoked paprika into a small sauté pan with the olive oil and cook over medium heat for about 15 seconds until fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Transfer the roasted peppers, garlic mixture, almonds, coriander and a few pinches of salt and pepper to a food processor. Blend the mixture until smooth and then serve.