- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 9 min
- Serving: 8 Servings
Enjoy a little taste of Italy in these simple, yet delicious pieces of toasted bread topped with roasted peppers and mozzarella.
- 4 roasted bell peppers, peeled, seeded and sliced (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices whole-wheat country bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Place the roasted peppers in a bowl and add the basil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet and lightly toast for about 2 minutes under the broiler.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and rub each slice on both sides with the cut side of the garlic.
- Top each slice with some mozzarella and then spoon on some of the pepper mixture. Drizzle the bruschetta with olive oil and place back under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.