- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: Makes 2 Servings
A gorgeous appetizer with intense flavors and sophisticated ingredients, serve with a bottle of Austrian late-harvest or Sauternes.
- 4 red Anjou pears
- Half a lemon
- 1/4 cup orange blossom honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, fresh ground
- 4 cups lightly packed wild arugula, washed
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Carefully using a sharp knife cut each pear down the middle and remove the core. Slice each half into 3 pieces and then place into a large bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the pears and toss to coat, then drizzle with the honey and sprinkle with half of the pepper. Toss the mixture to combine.
- Transfer the pear mixture to a roasting pan and roast for 10 minutes, placing the pan under the broiler for 1 additional minute to caramelize the pears.
- Empty the juices from the roasting pan into a large bowl and slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking continuously. Add the pears and toss to coat.
- Place the pears on a serving platter and then top with the goat cheese and the arugula. Sprinkle on the remaining pepper and serve.