- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6-8 People
This is a 30-minute dessert that melts in your mouth with sweet spiciness. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- 4 ripe, firm pears, quartered, cored
- 3 tablespoons agave
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 4 whole cloves
- 4, 1/4-inch, slices peeled, fresh ginger
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place pears, cut side down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; drizzle pears with agave and water; sprinkle with butter and add brandy, cinnamon stick, cloves, and ginger.
- Roast pears, basting with agave mixture every 5 to 10 minutes, until pears are tender and sauce is syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, drizzled with the roasting juices from the baking dish.