- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 24 appetizers
These Crostinis are a great appetizer to serve with a glass of chilled white wine, or as a simple yet delicious snack for unexpected guests.
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 head garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 24 (1/2-inch) slices French bread
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the onion, red pepper and garlic onto the baking sheet, being careful not to overlap, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and allow to cool before removing the garlic from their skins and then chopping into pieces along with the onion and peppers.
- Place the vegetables into a bowl and add the tomato, cheese, sage, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto each bread slice, then place the slices on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the crostinis with the chopped parley and serve.