- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This impressive side dish will be a hit for vegetarian and non-vegetarians alike. Serve with a glass of white Côte d'or Burgundy to compliment the smooth and earthy taste of the shiitake mushrooms.
- 3/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 red onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola Dolce, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the mushrooms and the onions in a large bowl, drizzle with the oil and then sprinkle with some salt and fresh pepper. Toss well to coat and then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Put the mushroom and onion mixture into the oven and roast for 30 minutes, tossing once after 15 minutes of cooking.
- Remove the mushrooms and sprinkle with the thyme and the cheese, toss to combine and then place back into the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.