- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This twist on classic mashed potatoes is a great dish for your Holiday table. If you don’t have time to clean all the garlic, you can purchase the peeled garlic at the supermarket.
- 20 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 6 Russet potatoes, peeled, chopped into chunks
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 a stick of butter
- 3/4 cup of half-and-half
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Place the peeled garlic cloves on a sheet of aluminum foil and add enough olive oil so that the garlic cloves are covered. Add a few sprinkles of salt and pepper and then close the foil into a ball and cook in the oven for 55 minutes.
- Place a large pot of hot water to boil over high heat. Once boiling, drop in the potatoes and boil for 25 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the pot, drain and add back to the pot along with the butter, half-and-half, Parmesan and the roasted garlic. Mash with a fork or a potato masher until ingredients are well combined and desired texture is obtained. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.