- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6 Servings
Red potatoes are sprinkled with fresh basil, shallots, sea salt and freshly ground pepper, drizzled with olive oil and then baked to perfection in this delicious and aromatic vegetarian side dish recipe.
- 2-1/4 pounds new potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons butter plus extra to grease pan, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and brush an oven pan with butter to coat.
- Put the potatoes in the pan, sprinkle with the garlic, thyme and a few generous pinches of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle the potatoes with the butter and then toss well to coat.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook the potatoes for 50 minutes, making sure to stir the mixture every 10 minutes. Serve immediately.