- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Try serving this fresh corn salad as a colorful and delicious alternative to a classic mixed green or iceberg salad.
- 4 fresh ears of corn, cut off the cob
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted red bell pepper (store-bought is fine)
- 1 tablespoon slivered green olives
- 2 scallions, white and tender green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Using a sharp knife carefully cut the kernels off of the corn cobs and set aside.
- Place a large sauté pan over high heat. Once the pan becomes extremely hot, add the kernels and cook until they start to pop.
- Stir in the butter and the onion and cook the mixture for 3 minutes, then add the bell pepper, olives, scallions, basil, vinegar, oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Toss the mixture to combine and cook for 2 minutes before transferring to a bowl and serving warm.