- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
Use your food processor or a French-style mandolin to slice the vegetables in this multi-flavored salad tossed with champagne vinaigrette and garnished with crumbled feta.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces shredded roasted chicken
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/4 bulb fennel, thinly sliced and fronds reserved
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into ribbons
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place the olive oil, champagne vinegar, oregano, thyme, red chile flakes and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Put the chicken, cabbage, celery, carrots, fennel, and red onions into a salad bowl and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper and then toss to combine.
- Garnish the salad with the reserved fennel fronds and then top with the prosciutto, olives, feta, and parsley. Serve immediately.