- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes 4-6 servings
Roasted chestnuts are a delicious addition to any stuffing, but can also be enjoyed alone with a glass of Merlot.
- 1 pound chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- With a sharp, pointed knife, make two gashes in the shape of an X on the flat side of each chestnut, and then place in a large pan over high heat.
- Drizzle the oil or butter over the chestnuts and shake the pan until the chestnuts are coated.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook until the shell and inner skin start to peel off and can be removed easily.
- Remove from the oven and peel off the inside skin while the chestnuts are warm.