- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Roasted cauliflower adds delicate texture and flavor to this classic Italian farfalle dish. Serve it sprinkled with some authentic Parmesan cheese and a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 pounds cauliflower, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (2 ounces) golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons brined capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 pound dried farfalle
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower into a large bowl, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then sprinkle with some sea salt and fresh pepper. Toss to combine and then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Put the cauliflower in the oven for 35 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Place the remaining oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the garlic, raisins, and capers. Sauté the mixture until the garlic is fragrant and then add the vinegar and the cauliflower.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta al dente according to package directions, drain (reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid) and return to the cooking pot.
- Place the cauliflower mixture, reserved cooking liquid, parsley, cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper into the pot with the pasta, and toss the mixture to combine. Serve immediately.