- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Roasting the butternut squash first brings out additional sweetness and flavor.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 8 (6- by 2-inch) roasted butternut squash wedges, skin removed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- parsley leaves to garnish
- Place the butter in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the onion and the garlic and sauté for 5 minutes then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the chicken broth and then add the squash to the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes and then carefully transfer the hot mixture to a blender or food processor.
- Process the mixture until smooth, and then transfer back to the pot.
- Add the cream and another pinch of salt and pepper and stir to blend. Serve the soup hot garnished with the parsley.