- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Fresh brussels sprouts are roasted to sweet perfection and then tossed with a cabbage, cranberry and pine nut mixture in this simply delicious side dish recipe.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, quartered
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pure chile powder, such as ancho
- 1-1/2 pounds red cabbage, very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, thinly shaved
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the pine nuts on an oven-safe plate and toast for 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Put the brussels sprouts in a bowl, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and then transfer to a baking sheet. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until caramelized.
- In the meantime, place the cabbage, toasted pine nuts and cranberries into a large bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute, and then pour the oil and garlic mixture over the cabbage mixture. Add the roasted brussels sprouts to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately garnished with the Parmigiano-Reggiano.