- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The flavor of these roasted Brussels sprouts is complimented by browned butter and hazelnuts.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and place the oven rack in the bottom third of the oven.
- Put the butter on a rimmed baking pan and place in oven for 4 minutes until browned.
- Meanwhile, place the Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts in a large bowl.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and pour the browned butter over the sprout mixture. Add the salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper and toss to coat.
- Transfer the sprouts back to the baking pan and roast for 8 minutes. Remove the sprouts and sprinkle with the water and then place back in oven for an additional 8 minutes.