- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
An elegant side dish that pairs well with most main courses, enjoy asparagus while they are in season from mid-April to the end of June.
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 pound asparagus , trimmed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 3 ounce soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and spray a roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place the asparagus in the prepared roasting pan and drizzle with the olive oil. Pour in the broth and season the asparagus with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast the asparagus for 20 minutes, stirring twice.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter and top with the crumbled cheese, lemon juice and the lemon peel. Serve warm.