- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Makes 4 Servings
Roasting the lemons bring out new depths of flavors and undertones of sweetness compared to raw lemons used in classic vinaigrettes.
- 2 lemons
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the lemons crosswise and remove the seeds then place, cut side down, into a baking dish.
- Drizzle the lemons with oil and roast for about 30 minutes or until just golden.
- In a small bowl, juice the lemons and remove their pulp. In addition, add any juices from the baking dish into the bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the honey and the salt to the bowl, whisk to combine, and then slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking continuously until thickened.