- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Ideally you could roast your own red peppers for this hearty and satisfying sandwich. However, if time is an issue, use a jar of the purchased variety instead.
Photo originally appeared on bhg.com
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or creamy salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 (6-inch) Italian bread shells or Italian flatbreads, halved
- 10 ounces thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers or purchased roasted red peppers, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups fresh watercress
- Place the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and the horseradish into a bowl and mix well to blend. Spread the mixture onto the insides of each bread half and then add the roast beef, red pepper strips, Monterey Jack cheese, and watercress. Close the bread halves and serve immediately.