- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 hr
- Total: 10 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8
Save time by not peeling the potatoes, that is were most of your vitamins come form.
- 3 lb. boneless rump roast
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 10 tiny red potatoes cut in half
- 2 med. carrots, cut into Â½ inch pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 pkg. frozen lima beans (10 oz.)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. quick cooking tapioca
- 1 can condensed vegetable beef soup (10Â¾ oz.)
- Â¼ c. water
- Â¼ tsp. pepper
- In a large skillet brown the roast on all sides.
- In the meantime, put carrots, potatoes and onions in crock pot.
- Add frozen beans and the bay leaf.
- Sprinkle tapioca over the vegetables.
- Put roast on top of vegetables.
- Combine soup, water, and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 - 12 hours (high 5 - 6 hours).
- Discard bay leaf and remove any strings that may be on the roast.
- Put roast and vegetables on a serving plate.
- Skim the fat from the gravy.
- Spoon gravy over roast and vegetables or pass the gravy to each person.