- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
This classic Risotto Alla Milanese is baked in the oven so it's easy to make.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups regular long grain rice
- 2, 13 3/4 ounce cans chicken broth, heated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron
- dash pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large, ovenproof saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onions until golden. Add rice, stirring until butter is absorbed. Stir in hot chicken broth, salt, saffron and pepper. Heat and stir until broth is boiling.
- Bake 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in Parmesan cheese until well blended.