- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This is such an elegant dessert that has both beautiful presentation and delicious flavor. Serve it at your next dinner party with a flavored liqueur.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 teaspoon finely minced orange peel
- 3 large ripe Bosc, Anjou, or Bartlett pears
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the ricotta, sugar, cocoa and vanilla together until smooth and well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate pieces and the minced orange peel.
- Rinse off the pears and blot dry with a paper towel and then cut in half, lengthwise, and remove the core.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off a small piece from the rounded side of the pear so that the pear will sit flat on a plate.
- Thoroughly brush each pear halve on all sides with the orange juice, and then top each pear halve with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle the pear with the toasted almonds if desired and serve.