- Prep: 30 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 30 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4
This Rich Chocolate Mousse classic is flavored with Kahlua.
- 4 ounces imported bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua liqueur
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool to tepid.
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream with the Kahlua just until soft peaks form. Stir about 3 tablespoons of the whipped cream into the melted chocolate, then fold in the remaining whipped cream, reserving 1/4 cup for garnish.
- Cover and refrigerate the mousse and remaining whipped cream until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon the mousse into bowls and garnish each serving with a dollop of the reserved whipped cream.